Wednesday 20 March 2013

Benn with two N's

This is Benn. With two N's. 


To all you fellow regular followers of my blog, you will see his name mentioned quite a bit and I feel like if I don't dedicate a whole post to him and his two N's, you will spend the rest of eternity wondering why I am spelling his name wrong.

So, here we go:

The tale of Benn Hepworth, how he became part of my story and why he has two N's.

Before we begin, you must be warned that this post has potential to be extremely long. It is also going to have slight hints of romance, so if you're anything like me (a person who shows their affection through verbal insults and physical abuse) look away now. If you're a sucker for a heart warming story with a guaranteed happy ending, read on. 

So it all starts with a radiator. That's where we met, by a radiator on the first day of college. We didn't speak to each other, but he later informed me that he checked out my bum as I walked away - which is obviously extremely romantic. And then, call it fate, call it coincidence, call it whatever you like, but by some chance we ended up in the same English class later that day. For a few weeks we remained strangers, until Benn tactically got my phone number and started to send me cheesy pick up lines, the first being (if I remember correctly) 'Is that a ladder in your tights or a stairway to heaven?'. I wasn't even wearing tights. Smooth. 

Somehow and sometime later, he asked me out on a date. I agreed, but insisted to my friends profusely that it wasn't a date and that nothing was to come of it. How wrong I was. We went to the cinema and watched 'The Change Up', which I hated. Followed by a meal at KFC. It's safe to say I wasn't impressed, but I was intrigued. I certainly wasn't used to boys wearing their heart on their sleeve like Benn did, and if I'm honest, that scared me a little. 

I'm not sure if you remember, but I'll never forget. The first week of October in 2011 was unbelievably hot. I remember like it was yesterday, wearing a floral play-suit to college with my blonde hair curled and pushed back with a bow. That night me and Benn went out again, this time to a local field in which we spent hours watching the sky darken and talking about each other. If you're picturing something from a cheesy American movie, you're picturing it right. We kissed for the first time that night, that wasn't the way you're picturing it. He was shy, so it was more of a kiss-rape on my part. But if you'd prefer, you can picture it the movie way.

After that everything kind of fell apart. We fell apart. Things changed between us and something drove me away from him. Looking back on it now, it was probably the way I felt about him that scared me off. But at the time I was far too arrogant to admit that, instead I blamed it on Benn, labeling him 'too nice' for me. Yup, what a bitch. 

Things became strange with us then. We'd spend some time being inseparable and we'd go for months without speaking. Until finally, we called it a day and went our seperate ways. 

A few months and 2 boyfriends later, mine and Benn's lives were forced together again. It was a house party, I don't know what it was about that night but it was definitely something. I hadn't expected Benn to be there, but he was. I saw him talking to a girl who I knew liked him and I was hit by some sort of emotional ten tonne truck. And in typical Jordan fashion, I decided at that moment that I wanted him. Unfortunately for me, I had picked the worst possible moment to decide that, seeing as I was there with my boyfriend and he was across the room talking to the girl he liked. And I don't know how, but he knew. It was a roller-coaster of a night and it ended with me running off and Benn bent over a wall crying. 

After that, everything kind of fell into place. I decided to just be honest with all parties involved. I was honest to everyone about how I felt and I set my sights on eventually being with him. And eventually, after waiting a year, and watching me go through two relationships, he got the girl. And boy did he earn it!

The rest is history I suppose, nearly half a year on and we are a happy little pair. Cute.

And as for the N's. It's just the way his name is spelt. I'm sorry to dissapoint but there is no elaborate story, just that his mum named him after Nigel Benn, the boxer. 

I hope you all enjoyed my little fairytale of Canvey Island. The lesson to be learnt from this, if that's what you're searching for, is that honesty is the best policy. And the main person to be honest to is yourself. 







No comments:

Post a Comment