Saturday 23 March 2013

#3

Hi all! I do hope you're all fine and dandy and enjoying your weekend. I can tell you that I am most certainly enjoying mine and I'm sure you would just love to know the reason why that is. Well, you're in luck; because I'm about to tell you. 

On Friday, myself and the lovely Benn Hepworth went to see The Script's #3 tour at the 02 arena. Wow, seriously just wow.

I had already seen the script on the 23rd of March back in 2011 but I loved them so much that I practically begged Benn to buy me and him tickets to go and see them again for my 18th birthday. And here's a little post about how it was. 

Our day started with a trip to Basildon where I picked up a new outfit for the evening as I had literally zero outfits in my wardrobe that didn't look like I had bought them from some sort of illegal charity shop. After that, we come home where I spent the whole of ten minutes getting myself ready to go like the pinnacle of femininity that I am. At around half 3 in the afternoon we left. Now, I'm not a fan of the underground so we couldn't go by train and so I had planned on driving us there, but for any of you guys that know my dad you'll have already guessed that he forced himself on me and insisted that he would drive us there and then drive back to pick us up. I had to do the obligatory half-hearted protest but at the end of the day he saved me like £25 petrol and another £30 parking so I was pretty chuffed. The journey there was pretty standard, dad dropped us off in the usual car park and in we went.

I was pretty damn excited to go in because it was Benn's first ever time in the 02 and his first ever time seeing a concert! I think I was more excited about this than he was but never mind. Then we ate dinner in Frankie and Benny's which would have been fine if they hadn't seated us outside and left me shivering over my steak. But I wasn't going to let a bit of cold ruin my spirits. 

And then the worst happened. 

Here's a piece of advice that you should hold on to very tightly: Never, EVER wear new shoes when you're going to be walking around a lot. That's right, clever cloggs Jordan decided to wear a pair of brand new creepers. Yay for my bleeding feet. Even a whole pack of plasters couldn't salvage the horrendous situation and it ended with Benn having to take one for the team and give me his white socks to put on with my all black outfit. As you can imagine, I looked choice. Thank God there is nothing I could care less about than the way I look. I was comfortable and excited and that was all that mattered.

By the time the whole blister palava was sorted, the doors were open and we could go in to the main arena. We found our seats pretty easily, I had never sat so high up before and although it meant that I wouldn't quite be seeing the sweat beads on Danny O'Donoghue's beautiful face, it did mean that I could see the whole of the arena which was absolutely beautiful. In my opinion they were the best seats we could have been in for Benn to be able to take in the full experience of his first ever concert. Cutie.

The support band were called The Original Rudeboys, I wasn't much looking forward to them on account of their shit name but they were actually really good! Yeah okay they could have done with holding back on the rapping a bit but with 'Rudeboys' in their name, the rapping was pretty inevitable. But yeah as a whole, a good support band. And they were from Ireland which fit nicely in with The Script plus they had the lovely Irish accents which made me feel all warm inside. 

And then The Script came on.

Spoiler alert. But considering they're playing their final show of the tour as I type, it shouldn't be a problem. They opened the show with Good Ol' Days which is from their new album. I looooooooove this song, and correctly predicted that it would be the opening song. Check me out! A few songs in they sang Breakeven, I could never explain to you in a few words how much this song means to me so when it came on, it felt like the whole world had stopped spinning. It was beautiful, really really amazing, one of their best in fact. Then they went on to sing the majority of the new album with drips and drabs of their old stuff. Towards the end of the night they got the crowd to sing The Man Who Can't Be Moved. During this, I stopped singing and listened to the rest of the arena singing together and I wanted to stay in that moment for a very long time. After that they sang I'm Yours. Christ. The last time I went to see The Script I was in a really dark place in my life, and I remember listening to Danny singing I'm Yours with his guitar and I broke down in tears. And this time I did exactly the same. It was such a strange feeling because it overwhelmed me how much my life had changed since I had last stood in that arena and listened to that song, they were most definitely happy tears. 

And then they said goodnight and came back on and did a couple of encore songs. They ended with Hall Of Fame which was excellent and then they did their bowing and off they went. 

All in all it really was a sublime night. I loved every second, even the seconds when my feet were in excruciating pain. 

My weekend continued to be good times because I got to work this morning and was told it was closed all weekend. What, a, bonus.  

So yeah, it's been a good couple of days for me. And now it's bed time. Goodnight all. 

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment